Buffalo Bill Invitational Shootout
August 14 – 16, 2014
Organized by the Buffalo Bill Center of the West and Cody Shooting Complex. Individuals and teams compete in the Buffalo Bill Invitational Shootout, which showcases the shooting sports. The public is invited to observe shooting at the Cody Shooting Complex. The Buffalo Bill Center of the West events are for competitors and their guests only.
Take a video tour of this exciting event:
The annual Buffalo Bill Invitational Shootout is organized under the auspices of the Buffalo Bill Center of the West and Cody Shooting Complex. The event helps showcase the importance of the shooting sports and America’s firearms industry, as well as the history of firearms.
This is a 350-target shoot with targets for each of the following: skeet (50); wobble skeet (50); trap (50); wobble trap (50); 5 stand (50); and sporting clays (100). Each discipline is scored one point per target. Any gauge shotgun may be used, and there is no class distinction. There are three ways to win:
- Top Gun qualifies you to win the top prize for high overall and ladies’ cumulative score. The entry fee is $300 and includes the cost for all targets shot in competition, as well as admission to the opening reception on Thursday evening and for one to the awards dinner on Saturday night. (Additional guests for the dinner are welcome, and the cost for each is $35 per person.)
- Top Discipline Shooter qualifies you to win the top prize for competition in each of the four disciplines. Prizes are awarded to the high score in trap, skeet, 5 stand, and sporting clays. The entry fee for each individual discipline is $100. Admission for one person to the awards dinner is included.
- Top Team is awarded to the squad with the highest cumulative score for all disciplines. The entry fee for each team is equivalent to five fees for Top Gun, or $1,500 and includes all shooting fees and awards banquet attendance.
All prizes awarded on a Lewis class system with a minimum of four classes. Competition took place at the Cody Shooting Complex, approximately five miles north of Cody on Highway 120.
- All rules of ATA, NSSA, and NSCA apply to the Buffalo Bill Invitational Shootout. Tie breakers will be determined by the Shootout Committee. All decisions are final.
- All gauges of shotgun shells are available for purchase at the Shooting Complex at a reasonable cost.
- No refunds given after August 1. Competition is held regardless of weather.
- Practice rounds may be shot on a first come, first served basis, beginning Thursday afternoon of the event.
- Competitors and spectators assume all risks resulting from accident or loss of property occurring on the grounds of the Cody Shooting Complex.
In conjunction with the Shootout, the Buffalo Bill Center of the West hosts a reception in the Cody Firearms Museum.