25th Annual Buffalo Bill Shootout
August 9 – 11, 2018
The Buffalo Bill Shootout, co-sponsored by the Cody Firearms Museum at the Buffalo Bill Center of the West and Cody Shooting Complex, fuses firearms history and the present-day shooting sports. Both individuals and teams compete, with the shoot limited to 120 participants. The public is invited to observe shooting at the Cody Shooting Complex. The Buffalo Bill Center of the West events are for competitors and their guests only.
Each Full Entry Fee of $350 includes:
- Cost for all target shots in competition
- One competition polo shirt
- Cocktail party for participants and their guests with two drink tickets to the Welcome Reception on Thursday evening
- Admission for one to the awards dinner on Saturday. Additional guests are welcome for an additional $40 per person. All attendees must be registered no later than Thursday, August 9.
- Lunch on the range both days.
- Additional polo shirts are available for $25 each
- Buffalo Bill Invitational Shootout Hats are available for $20 each
- Additional guests to the awards banquet are $40 per person
Are you interested in supporting this event? Please contact Rebecca Taggart.
NEW THIS YEAR!
- Online Registration via WinScore – Online registration is OPEN NOW!
- Want to register via mail? Download the registration form here: Shootout Registration Forms 2018
- Sporting and 5-Stand targets will be registered this year, at no additional cost to the shooter, NSCA classes and awards per NSCA rules for those events
- Two 5-Stand fields will be in operation to allow for less waiting between events
- Side “games” on three fields (Long Bird, Dutch Pair, Flash Target Challenge)
- Increased Prize Pool, with better prizes for the Ladies Division
- High Overall awards for
- All Shooters
- Individual event distinctions
This is a 355-target shoot of the following: Skeet (50); Wobble Skeet (25); Trap (50); Wobble Trap (50); Double Trap (30) 5 Stand (50); and Sporting Clays (100).
Scoring & Prizes
Look for spectacular prizes and auction items! All prizes will be awarded on a Lewis Class system with a minimum of three classes. Each discipline is scored one point per target. Any gauge shotgun may be used, and there is no class distinction.
There are three ways to win
- Top Gun qualifies you to win the top prize for high overall and ladies’ cumulative score.
- Top Discipline Shooter qualifies you to win the top prize for competition in each of the four disciplines. Prizes will be awarded to the high score in trap, skeet, 5 stand, and sporting clays.
- Colonel’s Cup Top Team will be awarded to the squad with the high cumulative score for all disciplines. Competing squads must have 5 members listed prior to beginning of shoot. The entry fee for each team is equivalent to five (5) fees for Top Gun, or $1,750; and includes all shooting fees and awards banquet attendance for each participant. Guests for the awards banquet may attend for a fee of $40 per person.
- Lewis Class awards are drawn at random. Tied scores do not necessarily mean you will win a Lewis Class award.
- Each entrant is limited to winning only one prize.
Look for spectacular prizes and auction items! All prizes will be awarded on a Lewis class system with a minimum of four classes. Competition begins at 9 a.m. Friday at the Cody
Shooting Complex, approximately five miles north of Cody on Highway 120. Competition continues Saturday, followed by the awards dinner that evening.
The annual Buffalo Bill Invitational Shootout is organized under the auspices of the Buffalo Bill Center of the West and Cody Shooting Complex. The event helps showcase the importance of the shooting sports and America’s firearms industry, as well as the history of firearms.
Bill Read Wobble Trap Shoot will be held on Sunday, August 5, 2018. (A separate registration fee of $50 includes 100 targets and lunch. Registration begins Sunday at 9 a.m. at the Cody Shooting Complex.)