100th Anniversary of the Cody Stampede
April 11, 5:30–7:30 p.m.
Cody Culture Club: if you love Cody, you’re part of the Club! Join us one Thursday a month, January – April. Heavy hors d’oeuvres and cash bar at every program.
In celebration of the Cody Stampede’s centennial in 2019, join us for a multi-faceted presentation on its history including the perspectives of a rodeo contestant, coach and judge, and a colorful look at the art of bullfighting. Presenters Ed Webster, Ben Williams, and Nate Jestes share different perspectives on their time spent being part of this longstanding community event.
Tickets are available at the door; or take advantage of our ticket packages. To learn more, call Rachel Lee at 307-578-4009 or visit our Cody Culture Club page.
About presenter Ed Webster:
Ed Webster grew up in Cody riding with his family in the Stampede and Nite Rodeo parades and participating in novelty events for the Cody Nite Rodeo.
After graduating from the University of Wyoming, and spending three and a half years in Washington, D.C. working as a Legislative Assistant to Wyoming’s Senator Clifford Hansen, he returned to Cody to start his law practice in 1973.
In 1975, he was asked to run for the Stampede Board to replace Dick Day who had retired. There were five members serving on the Board at that time. Soon after his election, he met with the other Board members at the Shoshone First Bank to personally guarantee a Promissory Note for $10,000 so there would be funds to start the rodeo season. This ritual continued for many years.
After serving 25 years on the Board and 4 years as President, Ed reluctantly retired due to business and family pressures in 2000. Ed continues as a strong supporter of the Cody Stampede and the Cody Nite Rodeo programs as well as the progress of the Board.
About presenter Nate Jestes:
Nate Jester was born and raised in Fort Collins, Colorado, where he was always drawn to ranching and the small farming community. He was very athletic in high school and received several athletic scholarships which he ultimately turned away to pursue his childhood dream of aviation. He graduated from Montana State University with an associate’s degree in Aviation Technology and became a commercial-rated pilot as well as a certified flight instructor.
Nate also always had a passion for bullfighting. In 2010, he was accepted into the PRCA as a professional bullfighter where his career quickly took off. Throughout his career he has worked some of the biggest and most prestigious rodeos in the industry and has also found a lot of success in freestyle bullfighting.
- Carlene Lebous and Harris Haston
- The UPS Store
- BHHS Brokerage West, Inc.
- Irma Hotel
- Burg Simpson, P.C.
Ticket packages available: Visit this page to register.
- $90 Center Member Couple = 2 tickets to each event for members of the Buffalo Bill Center of the West
- $110 Member Tickets/DVD Combo = 2 tickets to each event for members of the Buffalo Bill Center of the West + Characters of Cody DVD
- $100 Community Member Couple = 2 tickets to each event for community members
- $200 Membership/Tickets Combo = 2 tickets to each event + Family Membership to the Buffalo Bill Center of the West + FREE Characters of Cody DVD
- $500 Business Sponsor = 4 tickets to each event + advertising opportunities
- $600 Membership/Sponsor Combo = 4 tickets to each event + advertising opportunities + Business Wild West Circle Membership + FREE Characters of Cody DVD
- DVD, Characters of Cody with Al & Pete Simpson= $20
- OR $20 per person at the door at each event.
Visit centerofthewest.org/codycultureclub or call Rachel Lee at 307-578-4009 for more information.