Celebrities of Cody – Part 1
March 14, 5:30–7:30 p.m.
Cody Culture Club: if you love Cody, you’re part of the Club! Join us one Thursday a month, January – April. Heavy hors d’ouevres and cash bar at every program.
The allure of Cody, Wyoming, attracted the likes of Owen Wister, Gary Cooper, Amelia Earhart, and Major League Baseball stars. Gain archival and anecdotal insight into these celebrities’ connections to the Cody area. Mack Frost, Eric Rossborough, and David Cunningham provide illustrated presentations on these celebrity visits to Cody.
Tickets are available at the door; or take advantage of our ticket packages. To learn more, call Rachel Lee at 307-578-4009 or visit our Cody Culture Club page.
About our presenters:
works as Associate Librarian/Senior Cataloger at the McCracken Research Library. A lifelong Wild West buff, he is originally from Boston area where he spent his childhood attending Boston Red Sox games with his father. Since moving to Wyoming in 2014, Eric has been fascinated by the larger-than-life aspect of local history in the Big Horn Basin.
David Cunningham is Director of the Meeteetse Museums, which include the Charles Belden Museum of Western Photography, the Meeteetse Museum, and the First National Bank Museum. David is also past Director of the Break O’Day Farm and Metcalfe Museum in western Oklahoma and is the former Executive Director of Taos Historic Museums in Taos, New Mexico, the latter consisting of the Ernest Blumenshein Home and the Hacienda Martinez. He has served on the Wyoming Cultural Trust Fund Board since 2014 and the Board of the Alliance for Historic Wyoming since 2017. Cunningham, who originally hails from Missouri, holds a Bachelor’s Degree in History from Missouri Southern State University and a Master’s Degree in History from Missouri State University.
Mack Frost was born and raised in Cody, a fourth generation native of Northwest Wyoming. He graduated from Cody High School in 1969, and attended college at Central Wyoming College in Riverton, Wyoming, earning an Associate’s Degree in radio and television, and completed his Bachelor of Science degree in television at Montana State University in Bozeman.
Although his grandfather, Ned Frost, was a noted local outfitter and photographer, and both his parents were gifted artists, Mack didn’t develop a creative expression of his own until after graduating from high school and purchasing a basic 35mm camera. He worked on the staff of the yearbooks at both his colleges, developing his technique and improving the quality of his equipment.
Mack’s professional career has been mostly in radio broadcasting, and mostly on the local station KODI. Beginning in 1990, he owned and operated a one-hour photo processing lab and portrait studio in downtown Cody. He also had several stints in movie exhibition, starting in college, and later including the Cody Theatre, located just across the street from the Irma Hotel. He currently works for the McCracken Research Library at the Buffalo Bill Center of the West, digitizing the many photographic collections and the materials of the William Frederick Cody collection, preparing them for presentation on-line.
- Carlene Lebous and Harris Haston
- The UPS Store
- BHHS Brokerage West, Inc.
- Irma Hotel
- Burg Simpson, P.C.
Ticket packages available: Visit this page to register.
- $90 Center Member Couple = 2 tickets to each event for members of the Buffalo Bill Center of the West
- $110 Member Tickets/DVD Combo = 2 tickets to each event for members of the Buffalo Bill Center of the West + Characters of Cody DVD
- $100 Community Member Couple = 2 tickets to each event for community members
- $200 Membership/Tickets Combo = 2 tickets to each event + Family Membership to the Buffalo Bill Center of the West + FREE Characters of Cody DVD
- $500 Business Sponsor = 4 tickets to each event + advertising opportunities
- $600 Membership/Sponsor Combo = 4 tickets to each event + advertising opportunities + Business Wild West Circle Membership + FREE Characters of Cody DVD
- DVD, Characters of Cody with Al & Pete Simpson= $20
- OR $20 per person at the door at each event.
Upcoming Cody Culture Club programs:
- April 11: 100th anniversary of the Cody Stampede
Visit centerofthewest.org/codycultureclub or call Rachel Lee at 307-578-4009 for more information.