- This event has passed.
Cody Culture Club: Building a Dam
March 12, 2020 @ 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm MDT
Challenging the Canyon: A Family Man Builds a Dam
By Beryl Churchill
March 12, 2020
at the Holiday Inn
1701 Sheridan Avenue in Cody
Cody Culture Club: if you love Cody, you’re part of the Club! Join us one Thursday a month, January – April. Heavy hors d’ouevres and cash bar at every program.
Using personal letters from engineer D.W. Cole, his wife, and three small daughters, local author and historian Beryl Churchill tells of the life of the family who came from Georgia to live for nearly five years in the canyon during construction of the Buffalo Bill Dam, which is the keystone for the Shoshone Reclamation Project.
Tickets are available at the door; or take advantage of our ticket packages. To learn more, call Rachel Lee at 307-578-4009 or visit our Cody Culture Club page.
- BHHS Brokerage West Inc.
- Burg Simpson, P.C.
- Carlene Lebous and Harris Haston
- Irma Hotel
- The UPS Store
Ticket packages available: Visit this page to register.
- $90 Center Member Couple = 2 tickets to each event for members of the Buffalo Bill Center of the West
- $100 Community Member Couple = 2 tickets to each event for community members
- $500 Business Sponsor = 4 tickets to each event + recognition in print, online, and at each event
- $600 Membership/Sponsor Combo = 4 tickets to each event + recognition in print, online, and at each event + Center of the West Business membership
- DVD, Characters of Cody with Al & Pete Simpson = $20
- OR $20 per person at the door at each event.
Upcoming Cody Culture Club program:
- April 9: Who’s On First? 150 Years of Wyoming Women in the Equality State
Visit centerofthewest.org/codycultureclub or call Spencer Busteed at 307-578-4103 for more information.