Jim Mountain… Who’s Jim? Local Place Names
By Wes Allen and Jeremy Johnston
February 13, 2020
at Sunlight Sports / Cody Theater
1131 / 1171 Sheridan Avenue in Cody
Cody Culture Club: if you love Cody, you’re part of the Club! Join us one Thursday a month, January – April. Heavy hors d’ouevres and cash bar at every program.
Many places in the Big Horn Basin get their names from the Shoshone, Crow, trappers, ranchers, and homesteaders who have resided here. Dr. Jeremy Johnston, Historian of the Buffalo Bill Center of the West, and Wes Allen, owner of Sunlight Sports, team up to present some of the stories behind local place names and related recreation opportunities.
Tickets are available at the door; or take advantage of our ticket packages. To learn more, call Spencer Busteed at 307-578-4103 or visit our Cody Culture Club page.
- BHHS Brokerage West Inc.
- Burg Simpson, P.C.
- Carlene Lebous and Harris Haston
- Irma Hotel
- The UPS Store
Ticket packages available: Visit this page to register.
- $90 Center Member Couple = 2 tickets to each event for members of the Buffalo Bill Center of the West
- $100 Community Member Couple = 2 tickets to each event for community members
- $500 Business Sponsor = 4 tickets to each event + recognition in print, online, and at each event
- $600 Membership/Sponsor Combo = 4 tickets to each event + recognition in print, online, and at each event + Center of the West Business membership
- DVD, Characters of Cody with Al & Pete Simpson = $20
- OR $20 per person at the door at each event.
Upcoming Cody Culture Club programs:
- March 12: Challenging the Canyon: A Family Man Builds a Dam
- April 9: Who’s on First? 150 Years of Wyoming Women in the Equality State
Visit centerofthewest.org/codycultureclub or call Spencer Busteed at 307-578-4103 for more information.