Hidden Mysteries, Histories, and Haunts
Jeannie Cook with Wyoming Area Spirit Posse
February 8, 5:30–7:30 p.m.
Basement of the Cody Elks Lodge, 1202 Beck Avenue
Cody Culture Club: if you love Cody, you’re part of the Club! Join us every second Thursday, January – April. Heavy hors d’ouevres and cash bar at every program.
Many fear that which they cannot see. Many doubt what they have seen or heard. At our February event, local historian Jeannie Cook teams up with Wyoming Area Spirit Posse to shine a light on the relationship between Cody’s history and the paranormal.
Tickets are available at the door; or take advantage of our ticket packages. To learn more, call Rachel Lee at 307-578-4009 or visit our Cody Culture Club page.
About our speakers:
Jeannie Cook was born and raised in Wyoming’s Big Horn Basin. Her grandfather, W.B. Edwards, who held an MBA from Dartmouth, came to Cody from Boston in 1908 to work on the Wiley Project. Jeannie learned much of the area history from him and went on to become an author and the Park County Historian.
Wyoming Area Spirit Posse is a group of 3 investigators. Tami and Kerri lead investigators and founders, Kara, the case manager. The group’s Journey began in 2014 with their first investigation at Kane Cemetery, just outside of Lovell. Now addicted to the paranormal, the group investigates both residential and commercial areas.
The investigators offer free of charge paranormal services, with client-option of anonymity. Using high tech equipment, the group captures evidence of the paranormal at each location, collecting history and hearing stories and tales from their experiences.
- Burg Simpson, P.C.
- Carlene Lebous and Harris Haston
- The UPS Store
Ticket packages available: Visit this page to register.
- $90 Center Member Couple = 2 tickets to each event for members of the Buffalo Bill Center of the West
- $110 Member Tickets/DVD Combo = 2 tickets to each event for members of the Buffalo Bill Center of the West + Characters of Cody DVD
- $100 Community Member Couple = 2 tickets to each event for community members
- $200 Membership/Tickets Combo = 2 tickets to each event + Family Membership to the Buffalo Bill Center of the West + FREE Characters of Cody DVD
- $500 Business Sponsor = 4 tickets to each event + advertising opportunities
- $600 Membership/Sponsor Combo = 4 tickets to each event + advertising opportunities + Business Wild West Circle Membership + FREE Characters of Cody DVD
- DVD, Characters of Cody with Al & Pete Simpson= $20
- OR $20 per person at the door at each event.
Upcoming Cody Culture Club programs:
- March 8: History of Dude Ranching with Colleen Hodson, at Cody Club Room
- April 12: Prohibition in Park County: Encounters with the “Noble Experiment,” 1919–1923 with Phil Roberts
Visit centerofthewest.org/codycultureclub or call Rachel Lee at 307-578-4009 for more information.