Found (truly never lost!) Objects of the Plains Indian Museum
Rebecca West and Hunter Old Elk, Plains Indian Museum
January 11, 5:30–7:30 p.m.
Buffalo Bill Center of the West
Cody Culture Club: if you love Cody, you’re part of the Club! Join us every second Thursday, January – April. Heavy hors d’ouevres and cash bar at every program.
At our January program, after a round of museum trivia, Curator Rebecca West and Curatorial Assistant Hunter Old Elk lead us through the gallery to showcase a series of unknown, unseen, or unusual objects from the collection.
Tickets are available at the door; or take advantage of our ticket packages. To learn more, call Rachel Lee at 307-578-4009 or visit our Cody Culture Club page.
About our speakers:
Rebecca West is Curator of Plains Indian Cultures and the Plains Indian Museum at the Buffalo Bill Center of the West. She works with the people, objects, ideas, and programs that define the Plains Indian Museum.
During her tenure at the Center, West has assisted with major in-house exhibitions, permanent gallery installations such as the Plains Indian Museum reinstallation, as well as traveling exhibition development, including current work on Legacies: Indian Art from the Paul Dyck Collection. West actively develops and implements outreach activities for diverse audiences and also manages the care, storage, and exhibition of the Plains Indian collections. She has coordinated the Annual Plains Indian Museum Powwow for more than ten years.
West holds a BA in art history from Dartmouth College and a Masters of Liberal Studies from the University of Oklahoma with a focus on the culturally based symbolic use of color by contemporary Indian artists.
Hunter Old Elk is a member of the Crow Tribe of Eastern Montana. She earned a Bachelors Degree in History with a focus in Native American History at Mount St. Mary’s University near Emmitsburg, Maryland.
Old Elk is now the Curatorial Assistant for the Plains Indian Museum at the Buffalo Bill Center of the West.
- Burg Simpson, P.C.
- Carlene Lebous and Harris Haston
- The UPS Store
Ticket packages available: Visit this page to register.
- $90 Center Member Couple = 2 tickets to each event for members of the Buffalo Bill Center of the West
- $110 Member Tickets/DVD Combo = 2 tickets to each event for members of the Buffalo Bill Center of the West + Characters of Cody DVD
- $100 Community Member Couple = 2 tickets to each event for community members
- $200 Membership/Tickets Combo = 2 tickets to each event + Family Membership to the Buffalo Bill Center of the West + FREE Characters of Cody DVD
- $500 Business Sponsor = 4 tickets to each event + advertising opportunities
- $600 Membership/Sponsor Combo = 4 tickets to each event + advertising opportunities + Business Wild West Circle Membership + FREE Characters of Cody DVD
- DVD, Characters of Cody with Al & Pete Simpson= $20
- OR $20 per person at the door at each event.
Upcoming Cody Culture Club programs:
- February 8: Hidden Mysteries, Histories, and Haunts with Jeannie Cook and Wyoming Area Spirit Posse, in Basement of Cody Elks Lodge
- March 8: History of Dude Ranching with Colleen Hodson, at Cody Club Room
- April 12: Prohibition in Park County: Encounters with the “Noble Experiment,” 1919–1923 with Phil Roberts
Visit centerofthewest.org/codycultureclub or call Rachel Lee at 307-578-4009 for more information.