Holiday Open House
December 7, 2013
The Buffalo Bill Center of the West celebrates the season each year with our Holiday Open House, a day filled with festive decorations, Santa Claus, and entertainment.
The Holiday Open House is free, but families attending are encouraged to share the holiday spirit: Bring a can of food or a new, unwrapped toy that the Center will donate to charitable organizations for distribution throughout the community.
Local and regional groups perform for the crowds at our Holiday Open House each year, with the live entertainment running simultaneously in two venues. The diverse programs offer something for everyone: music by choruses, carolers, honor choirs, jazz bands, and barbershop quartets; dance in styles from ballet to modern, clogging to tap. Here is this year’s schedule:
- 10:30 a.m. – Wapiti Elementary School
- 11 a.m. – 40 Fabulous Fingers piano quartet
- 11:30 a.m. – Big Horn Belly Dance
- 12:30 – The Sheets Family
- 1 p.m. – Sunlight Martial Arts
- 2 p.m. – 40 Fabulous Fingers
- 2:30 p.m. – The Sheets Family
- 3 p.m. – Yellowstone Harmony Chorus
- 3:30 p.m. – Guitar Trio: Greg, Jeanne, and Emily
- 4 p.m. – Big Horn Belly Dance
- 10 a.m. – Jazzical and Cougar Chorale, Cody Middle School
- 10:30 a.m. – Absaroka Mountain Thunder cloggers
- 11 a.m. – Livingston Honor Choir
- 11:30 a.m. – Sunset Honor Choir
- Noon – Absaroka Mountain Thunder cloggers
- 12:30 p.m. – Eastside Honor Choir
- 1 p.m. – Rocky Mountain School of the Arts, group 1
- 1:30 p.m. – Cody High School Jazz Band
- 2 p.m. – Rocky Mountain School of the Arts, group 2
- 2:30 p.m. – Equestria! from Cody High School
- 3 p.m. – Cody Center for the Performing Arts
- 3:30 p.m. – SYNERGY from Cody High School
- 4 p.m. – Cool Cougs Jazz Band, Cody Middle School
All our performers generously volunteer their time and talent.
Santa Claus considers the Buffalo Bill Center of the West a very important stop in his preparations for Christmas each year. Children (of all ages!) can visit with Santa at the Holiday Open House and tell him there wishes for the holiday season.
The Cody Reading Council will be on hand near Santa to read favorite Christmas and holiday stories, so don’t worry! If that line to Santa is long, there will be plenty to entertain the children while they wait.
The Greater Yellowstone Raptor Experience
The birds of our Greater Yellowstone Raptor Experience are attending the Holiday Open House as well! Find them and their “mobile perches” – their human handlers – throughout the day in the John Bunker Sands Photography Gallery.
Our Museum Store
The Center’s Museum Store carries unique gifts, fine jewelry, books, music, toys, clothing, and more. For the Holiday Open House, it often hosts book signings by staff and community authors, and may even offer a sale or two in celebration of the season.
Festive decorations not only greet visitors to the Holiday Open House, but through New Years to spread holiday cheer!
A sixteen-foot decorated tree graces the entrance to the Buffalo Bill Center of the West each year for the Holiday Open House.