History and myth. Art and culture. Legends and legacies. The story of the American West is a rich and colorful tapestry, one that you could be part of at the Buffalo Bill Center of the West. Together, our wide-ranging expertise, comprehensive collections, and engaging programs allow visitors to discover and experience that story for themselves.
Create your own lasting legacy. Find your position here and help us share the story of the American West.
The Buffalo Bill Center of the West is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Buffalo Bill Center of the West is seeking candidates for a full-time position, Assistant Registrar. The Assistant Registrar assists in management of the permanent collection, loans, and temporary exhibits; and oversees physical needs of the collection objects in storage and transit.
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) from accredited college or university, with coursework in art, art history, museum studies, history, or related field.
- Demonstrated knowledge of principles and procedures of collection management.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent organizational, writing, proofreading, and analytical skills, with close attention to detail.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
- Minimum of two years museum registration experience after completion of education with a focus on collections management and/or exhibitions.
- Experience using complex collections database applications, Argus preferred.
To apply, send cover letter, resume, and salary requirement and/or history to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
CLICK HERE for the full job description.
The closing date for this position is January 15, 2018. EEO/M/F
Seasonal Employment Opportunities
The Center is now accepting applications for exciting seasonal jobs that begin in May or June, and extend to August, September, or October. These are great opportunities for retirees, high school and college students, or anyone looking for an enjoyable job in a stimulating environment.
For more information, e-mail Chris in Human Resources or call here at 307-578-4089.
If you are a college student seeking a summer internship in a museum setting, visit our Internships page for more information.