History and myth. Art and culture. Legends and legacies. The story of the American West is a rich and colorful tapestry, one that you could be part of at the Buffalo Bill Center of the West. Together, our wide-ranging expertise, comprehensive collections, and engaging programs allow visitors to discover and experience that story for themselves.
Create your own lasting legacy. Find your position here and help us share the story of the American West.
The Buffalo Bill Center of the West is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Buffalo Bill Center of the West is seeking candidates for a full-time position, Assistant Registrar. The Assistant Registrar assists in management of the permanent collection, loans, and temporary exhibits; and oversees physical needs of the collection objects in storage and transit.
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) from accredited college or university, with coursework in art, art history, museum studies, history, or related field.
- Demonstrated knowledge of principles and procedures of collection management.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent organizational, writing, proofreading, and analytical skills, with close attention to detail.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
- Minimum of two years museum registration experience after completion of education with a focus on collections management and/or exhibitions.
- Experience using complex collections database applications, Argus preferred.
To apply, send cover letter, resume, and salary requirement and/or history to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
CLICK HERE for the full job description.
The closing date for this position is January 15, 2018. EEO/M/F
Human Resources Director
The Buffalo Bill Center of the West in Cody, Wyoming, seeks candidates for its Human Resources Director position. The Human Resources Director guides and manages the overall provision of human resource services, policies, and programs for the Center. Additionally, this individual has responsibility for management of the Center’s wellness, volunteer, fellowship, and internship programs.
Candidates for the position should have a minimum of a four-year degree, with a Master’s Degree in Human Resources or a related field preferred. In addition, the candidate should have ten years of Human Resources Management experience.
Other desired qualifications are:
- Possess an excellent knowledge of employment legislation.
- Possess strong knowledge of health, safety and wellness practices.
- Have extensive employee relations experience.
- Have excellent knowledge of compensation and benefits practices and procedures. Have 3 or more years of experience with compensation and benefits design and implementation. Have a willingness to do the transactional work in administering these areas.
- Have experience in project planning and management.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication and organizational skills.
- Possess qualities of teamwork, patience, adaptability, good humor, and the ability to work cooperatively with other staff and to also work independently.
- Have strong Microsoft Office Suite skills, to include Excel. Knowledge of accounting software or HRIS desirable.
- Human Resources experience in a non-profit is a strong preference.
- Some experience working with volunteers is highly desirable.
The Center offers an excellent benefit package and competitive wages. Interested candidates should send their cover letter, resume, references, and salary history to: Buffalo Bill Center of the West Human Resource Director Search, 720 Sheridan Ave., Cody, WY 82414, or by e-mail to email@example.com. For more information, please call Christine Searles at 307-578-4089.
CLICK HERE for the full job description.
The closing date on this position is November 31, 2017.
Seasonal Employment Opportunities
The Center is now accepting applications for exciting seasonal jobs that begin in May or June, and extend to August, September, or October. These are great opportunities for retirees, high school and college students, or anyone looking for an enjoyable job in a stimulating environment.
For more information, e-mail Chris in Human Resources or call here at 307-578-4089.
If you are a college student seeking a summer internship in a museum setting, visit our Internships page for more information. Next summer’s internship opportunities will be posted there early in 2018.