History and myth. Art and culture. Legends and legacies. The story of the American West is a rich and colorful tapestry, one that you could be part of at the Buffalo Bill Center of the West. Together, our wide-ranging expertise, comprehensive collections, and engaging programs allow visitors to discover and experience that story for themselves.
Create your own lasting legacy. Find your position here and help us share the story of the American West.
The Buffalo Bill Center of the West is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Seasonal Employment Opportunities
If you’re looking for a summer job, we have many seasonal opportunities—jobs start in May or June and extend to August, September, and some to October. Our seasonal jobs include admissions and store clerks, food and beverage services (day and evening options), custodians, gallery guards, grounds maintenance, tour guides, and information/membership desk associates.
CLICK HERE for complete information on Seasonal Employment.
Exhibit Production Manager
The Buffalo Bill Center of the West, in Cody, Wyoming, has an immediate opening for an Exhibit Production Manager. This individual plans, directs, and coordinates activities and staff who create exhibits for the five museums under one roof at the Center. These museums are the Buffalo Bill Museum, the Cody Firearms Museum, the Draper Natural History Museum, the Plains Indians Museum, and the Whitney Western Art Museum. The Exhibit Production Manager monitors and maintains exhibited objects and exhibit features.
Required qualifications are:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from accredited college or university in Exhibition Design, Museum Studies, Studio Art, Art History, or a related field.
- Two years of experience in planning and installing museum exhibits.
Preferred qualifications are:
- Two years of supervisory and project management experience.
The Center offers an excellent benefit package and competitive wages. To apply, send a resume, cover letter, list of references, and salary history and/or requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Equal Opportunity Employer.
CLICK HERE here for a detailed job description.
The Buffalo Bill Center of the West is looking for a positive, hardworking, dependable, talented cook to help us prepare excellent quality food to our clientele. The successful candidate will have a minimum of one year of cooking experience. The position is seasonal and runs for 25 weeks. Competitive pay based on experience.
CLICK HERE for the full job description.
Human Resources Director
The Buffalo Bill Center of the West in Cody, Wyoming, seeks candidates for its Human Resources Director position. The Human Resources Director guides and manages the overall provision of human resource services, policies, and programs for the Buffalo Bill Center of the West. Additionally, this individual has responsibility for management of the Center’s wellness, volunteer, fellowship and internship programs.
Candidates for the position should have a minimum of a four-year degree with a Master’s Degree in Human Resources or a related field is preferred. In addition, the candidate should have ten years of Human Resources Management experience.
Other desired qualifications are:
- Possess an excellent knowledge of employment legislation
- Possess strong knowledge of health, safety and wellness practices.
- Have extensive employee relations experience
- Have excellent knowledge of compensation and benefits practices and procedures. Have 3 or more years’ experience with compensation and benefits design and implementation. Have a willingness to do the transactional work in administering these areas.
- Have experience in project planning and management.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication and organizational skills.
- Possess qualities of teamwork, patience, adaptability, good humor, and the ability to work cooperatively with other staff and to also work independently.
- Have strong Microsoft Office Suite skills, to include Excel. Knowledge of accounting software or HRIS desirable.
- Human Resources experience in a non-profit is a strong preference.
- Some experience working with volunteers is highly desirable.
The Center offers an excellent benefit package and competitive wages. Interested candidates should send their cover letter, resume, references and salary history to: Buffalo Bill Center of the West Human Resource Director Search, 720 Sheridan Ave., Cody, WY 82414 or by e-mail to email@example.com. For more information, please call Christine Searles at 307-578-4089.
CLICK HERE for the full job description.
Click here for an overview of the Buffalo Bill Center of the West.
Click here for more information about living in this area.
If you are a college student seeking a summer internship in a museum setting, visit our Internships page for more information.