History and myth. Art and culture. Legends and legacies. The story of the American West is a rich and colorful tapestry, one that you could be part of at the Buffalo Bill Center of the West. Together, our wide-ranging expertise, comprehensive collections, and engaging programs allow visitors to discover and experience that story for themselves.
Create your own lasting legacy. Find your position at the Center and help us share the story of the real American West.
Job Listing: General Maintenance Worker
The Buffalo Bill Center of the West is seeking candidates for a full-time position, General Maintenance Worker. This individual will assist with general facilities service activities, including assigned general facility maintenance, exhibits, event setups, and shipments. S/he will also assist the Operating Engineer with HVAC maintenance and perform basic electrical and plumbing tasks.
The successful candidate will have two years general maintenance experience or the equivalent with emphasis on construction. Some electrical, plumbing, or HVAC experience is desired. This individual needs to be able to lift 100 pounds, squat, stoop, climb ladders, and carry materials and tools. Good attention to detail, team orientation and basic skills using Microsoft Outlook and Word are also desired.
This position requires occasional evening and weekend work supervising events. The Center offers a full benefits package to include vacation, a retirement plan, health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, and other benefits as well as competitive pay.
Application deadline March 12. To apply, send your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements or history to firstname.lastname@example.org, come to the Center and complete an application, or apply online. If you have questions call 307-578-4089.
Job Listing: Field Trip Educator
Overview: This is a grant-funded seasonal position, May through mid-August. The field trip educator will co-lead our Discovery Field Trips, which are overnight field experiences for middle school students. The program is designed to inspire students about the natural world through science, art, and exploration. It also emphasizes leadership skills and creative thinking. In addition to the Discovery Field trip experiences, the field trip educator will assist with other educational programs and the Center, including afternoon programs, Family Fun Days, and Center-wide tours.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with the logistics and coordination of Discovery Field Trips for middle school students
- Develop activities and lessons for Discovery Field Trips
- Co-lead the field trips which involve science, art, leadership, camping, and hiking in the Greater Yellowstone region
- Assist with Family Fun Days at the Center
- Provide tours of the Center as needed to our visitors
- Develop other programs as necessary to engage visitors of the Center
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Experience leading youth programs in a backcountry or frontcountry setting
- At least one year of college coursework in education, outdoor education, natural science, art, or related program
- Excellent presentation / public speaking skills
- A valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Employment dependent on successful criminal background check
Application deadline March 15. Apply online by clicking here. For more information on this and on employment opportunities in general, contact Chris Searles in Human Resources: by phone at 307-578-4089, or by e-mail.
The Buffalo Bill Center of the West offers summer internships providing specialized learning experiences in a museum setting, with options in conservation, education, graphics, records management, and much more. Click here to find our internship postings for 2014.