Official Vehicle Raffle Rules
Buffalo Bill Center of the West
720 Sheridan Avenue
Cody, Wyoming 82414
By participating, you agree that:
- These Official Vehicle Raffle Rules may not be waived, modified, or supplemented except by the Buffalo Bill Memorial Association, dba Buffalo Bill Center of the West. No modification of these official contest rules shall be enforceable unless made by the Buffalo Bill Memorial Association, dba Buffalo Bill Center of the West.
- Participants do not need to be present to win.
- The vehicle is offered as is. The Buffalo Bill Center of the West assumes no liability. No modifications to the vehicle will be made by the Center following the drawing.
- Participant must be at least 18 years old. Winner may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility at the discretion of the Buffalo Bill Center of the West. Void where prohibited.
- Each ticket will be entered separately in the drawing. Each ticket is a separate and equal chance to win the vehicle.
- Onsite tickets are generally sold in numerical sequence. Various staff members taking orders may have batches of tickets, and in this case, tickets may be sold out of order. Online ticket numbers are computer generated.
- Due to postal regulations, raffle ticket stubs cannot be returned by mail for purchases over the Internet, through the mail, or by telephone. When an order is placed, the Center completes the ticket by filling in the name, city/state, phone number, and e-mail address. Center employees will deposit the ticket(s) in the raffle drum at the Buffalo Bill Center of the West.
- Raffle ticket sales are not considered a tax-deductible contribution.
- The raffle drawing shall be held at the Buffalo Bill Center of the West in Cody, Wyoming. All tickets must be completed and received in advance of the drawing to be eligible for the drawing. No refunds will be given for completed tickets received after the drawing.
- The drawing takes place on October 17, 2022, at close of business (in previous years, the drawing was held at the Patrons Ball gala in September).
- After the winning ticket is drawn and marked as such, a second ticket will be drawn and marked as an alternate. Should the winner decline the vehicle or for some other reason is ineligible, the alternate will be contacted.
- If the winner is not present, the winner will be phoned following the drawing. If an e-mail address is available, the winner will also be notified via e-mail. Mailing information is not collected on the ticket therefore the winner will be contacted by phone or e-mail as provided.
- Vehicle must be collected by the winner within 30 days of the drawing at the winner’s expense, or forfeits all claims thereto.
- Winning ticket number and winner’s location will be posted to the Buffalo Bill Center of the West’s website and social media sites. The winner’s full name and other information will not be posted anywhere without prior consent.
- To take delivery of the vehicle, two forms of identification, one of which must be a photo ID, are required to prove identity. Copies of identification are made at this time. Winner will need to complete IRS Form 5754 State by Person(s) Receiving Gambling Winnings.
- Winner is solely responsible for all taxes, registration, title, transfer fees, license duties, insurance, and all expenses in claiming, registering, transporting, and using the vehicle. This may include sales taxes and other taxes. Buffalo Bill Center of the West has no liability with regard to taxes and fees for the vehicle.
- Raffle vehicle cannot be redeemed for cash.
- Winner agrees to pay the current income tax withholding to the Buffalo Bill Center of the West prior to release of the vehicle in guaranteed funds. If paying taxes by credit card, the Center will charge a transaction fee. Buffalo Bill Center of the West will submit the taxes collected to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). At year end, the Center will file Form W-2G per IRS regulations.
- All non-US residents will be required by IRS regulations to pay the current US income tax on the value of the vehicle unless the winner is a resident of specific countries exempted by treaty. The Buffalo Bill Center of the West will file Forms 1042 and 1042-S per IRS regulations.
- Winner may be photographed with their vehicle. Winner agrees to the use of his/her name, city/state, photograph or videotape likeness, and statements for publicity purposes by Buffalo Bill Center of the West and agrees to sign a publicity release without any further compensation, if requested by Center.
- After the vehicle is collected, all tickets, excluding the winning ticket, will be destroyed.
- All proceeds benefit the Buffalo Bill Memorial Association, dba Buffalo Bill Center of the West, a non-profit institution.
- The Buffalo Bill Center of the West does not sell or provide entry information to third parties. Email addresses may be captured for Center use.
- Raffle ticket(s) may be purchased by Buffalo Bill Center of the West employees except those employees in the Development Department or members of the Senior Management team.
- Any person who engages in conduct designed to corrupt the outcome of a charitable raffle activity with the purpose to defraud or knowing that he/she is facilitating a fraud, is guilty of a Class D felony.
- Buffalo Bill Center of the West reserves the right to cancel this raffle at any time, in which event its liability is limited to refund of ticket price to participants.
- THIS CONTEST IS SUBJECT TO ALL APPLICABLE INTERNATIONAL, FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL LAWS, AND IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED, TAXED, OR OTHERWISE RESTRICTED.