Lectures and Films
Explore the American West through our lectures, presentations, and videos. Take a look at what’s coming up, and click a video to watch past programs.
Our lectures cover western American subjects including art, wildlife, natural science, Plains Indian history and culture, firearms, and the Greater Yellowstone region.
Draper Museum and Greater Yellowstone Coalition Series
Once again, the Draper is partnering with the Greater Yellowstone Coalition to offer a programs highlighting the area’s geology and human pre-history. Each program begins with a free talk at 6:15 p.m. followed by a reception of light hors d’oeuvres and cash bar.
- June 15: Dr. Robert Carson with The Ultimate Geologic Coincidence
- July 21: Dr. Cathy Whitlock with Yellowstone’s Past, Yellowstone’s Future
Draper Natural History Museum Lunchtime Expeditions
Join us the first Thursday of each month for a Lunchtime Expedition. These free lectures explore a variety of natural history subjects and issues. Lectures take place in our Coe Auditorium at 12:15 p.m. and are free and open to the public. Draper Natural History Museum Lunchtime Expeditions are supported in part by Sage Creek Ranch.
- June 4: Dr. Ingrid “Indy” Burke, Subtlety, Diversity, Resilience, and Importance of Grasslands Ecosystems
- July 9: Dr. Jeffrey L. Beck, Wildlife Response to Energy Development in Wyoming’s Sagebrush Steppe (note date change)
- August 6: Susan Patla, The State of the Trumpeter Swan: Evaluating Twenty-plus Years of Monitoring Data in Western Wyoming
- September 3: Robert Garrott, The Mountain Ungulate Research Project: Working Toward a Deeper Understanding of Bighorn Sheep and Mountain Goat Ecology in the Northern Rockies
- October 1: Lisa Baril, From Extirpation to Recovery: The Story of the Peregrine Falcon in Yellowstone National Park
- November 5: Mike Bies, An Overview of the Rock Art of the Bighorn Basin
- December 3: Gretchen Hurley, geology
Lectures on Film Archive
Are you interested in learning more about some of the subjects we delve into here at the Buffalo Bill Center of the West? Explore these playlists to view video of full-length lectures and presentations that have taken place here at the Center.