Learn through Programs and Education
The Buffalo Bill Center of the West’s educational programs help our visitors learn in an enjoyable and educational atmosphere and so acquire a deeper understanding of the American West.
Fun and educational! And geared for families visiting the museums together. Click here to learn more.
Visit the links to find out details and cost of each program or workshop.
- June 1, June 15, July 13: Creating History Day Projects workshops
- June 5 – 6: Parfleche Party workshop (16 & older).
- June 28: Rockin’ Out with Plains Indian Art workshop (ages 9 – 11)
- July 9: Arrowheads, Atlatls, and Archaeology family workshop
- July 18 – 20: Art Camp with Michele Farrier for grades 1 – 4
- July 18 – 20: Art Camp with Michele Farrier for grades 5 – 7
- July 27: Floating Through Time field trip (ages 11 – 15)
- August 3 – 5: Teton Adventure Discovery Field Trip (ages 11 – 15)
- August 9: Clay-O-Rama family workshop
Draper Museum Raptor Experience
Don’t miss the amazing birds of our Draper Museum Raptor Experience in the Braun Garden for the informal “Relaxing with Raptors” 1 – 3:30 p.m. every day.
Interested in scheduling a field trip? Borrowing an outreach trunk? Learning about our MILES program? Check out all of our school offerings in our 2016-2017 Educational Opportunities Guide.
You can also click on School Programs to get more details and to register for a field trip, museum adventure, or outreach trunk.
Skype in the classroom
Do you have a class of students who would love to find out more about mountain men and fur trappers? About Plains Indian culture and tipis? About the adaptations of animals to their environment? Watch this video to learn more about our partnership with Skype in the classroom!
Click here to find out more about individual Skype in the classroom lessons.
The Buffalo Bill Center of the West hosts regular lectures on interesting topics all about the American West. Click here to find out more.
For more information, e-mail Interpretive Specialist Emily Buckles, or call her at 307-578-4110.