School Programs and Resources
The Buffalo Bill Center of the West provides a variety of educational opportunities, school programs, and resources for K-12 teachers and students. Refer to the list below to learn about our onsite, outreach, and online offerings.
As you plan your field trip this school year, please note that the Cody Firearms Museum is undergoing an exciting renovation that will be completed in summer 2019. But don’t worry! We will always have firearms on display throughout the other museums, and in a temporary exhibit featuring hundreds of guns—the best in the collection.To learn more and to register on-line, click on the following program links:
- Guided and self-guided tours at the Center
- Indian Education for All Resources
- Lending materials including trunks and learning kits
- Museum Adventure Programs
- Skype in the Classroom
- MILES program for schools who travel from a distance: a traveling grant to help defray the cost of transportation and lodging
- MILES scholarships for schools throughout the region that cover the cost of admission for school field trips to the Center.
- Resources for Teachers and Students
NEW TEACHER AND STUDENT RESOURCES! Explore Plains Indian Culture and HistoryLooking to enrich your curriculum with primary resources through photos, art, and oral histories? This rich content will help teachers and students, whether they have visited the Center or not. Visit the following links to explore Plains Indian culture and history. Resources for Teachers and Students page.
Brand New Skype in the Classroom Lesson for Teacher Professional Development
For more information about this and all our other lessons, as well as the Center’s partnership with Skype in the Classroom, click here.