Draper Museum Raptor Experience
The Draper Museum Raptor Experience is a live raptor education program that allows us to share some of our area’s most spectacular wild animals with visitors. Get an up-close-and-personal view of some of Wyoming’s most recognized predators, the birds of prey.
Raptor program schedule
Program and Appearance Schedule:
NOTE: While the Center is temporarily closed, our raptor program staff are sharing through video! “Visit” our birds through their Facebook page.
Once the Center reopens (we hope to do so April 18), our regular schedule resumes:
- June 1–August 15: Two programs daily at 11 a.m. (Superheroes of Nature) and 4 p.m. (Relaxing with Raptors). In the summer, our birds sometimes make an additional impromptu appearance each day! Listen to our on-site announcements while you visit.
- August 16–September 15: Two programs daily at 10 a.m. and 3 p.m.
- September 16–May 31: Relaxing with Raptors at 1 p.m. each day the Center is open. An informal question and answer session with a few of our birds and their handlers.
Our birds also do outreach programs. E-mail Melissa Hill or call 307-578-4111 for more information.
This program is funded in part by the Nancy-Carroll Draper Foundation, the W.H. Donner Foundation, and the Donner Canadian Foundation—the latter in partnership with the University of Wyoming’s Biodiversity Institute.
Meet the birds of the Draper Museum Raptor Experience
How did each of our birds come to live with us and help us educate our visitors about raptors? Click on each bird’s name to learn more about them!
- Bald eagle Jade
- Short-eared owl Amelia
- American kestrel Salem
- Golden eagle Kateri
- Great horned owl Teasdale
- Red-tailed hawk Isham
- Peregrine falcon Hayabusa
- Turkey vulture Suli
- Saw-whet owl Remington
- Eastern screech owl Monte
- Swainson’s hawk Hayden
Our Adopt-a-Raptor Program
You can help us sustain the Draper Museum Raptor Experience through our Adopt-a-Raptor program. Donations feed and care for our amazing birds, allowing you to play a role in our commitment to keep our flock healthy with the highest quality food, vitamins, housing, and medical care—for the rest of their lives. Take a look at the Adoption Level Benefits chart below for the details of what you receive in return for your support at each of our adoption levels.
Use the form below to sign up for our Adopt-a-Raptor program and support our birds. You may also chose your favorite raptor!
Thank you for your support of our Draper Museum Raptor Experience!