Ithaca (Lefever, Western Arms) Firearms Records
Please note: This collection is in the process of being digitized. While serial number searches (Firearms Members only) and factory letters are available, results will take longer than reports on our other manufacturers. Allow at least one week for serial number searches to be returned and six weeks for factory letters to be mailed.
Ithaca Gun Company factory records cover manufacture from 1886 into the mid-1980s with some gaps in the records.
The record collection also includes Lefever Arms Company (1927 – 1939) and Western Arms Corporation (1929 – 1939). These records typically include configuration data and often have customer information.
Find more information on record availability here. (Ithaca, Lefever, and Western Arms on page 2)
Lefever Arms Company
Ithaca Gun Company purchased the Lefever Arms Company in 1916 and manufactured Lefever shotguns from 1921 into the early 1940s. Ithaca’s Lefever shotguns start at serial number 100000. Surviving records end at the end of the 1930s.
Western Arms Corporation
Western Arms Corporation (1929 – 1946) was created by Ithaca to produce a single model shotgun, the Long-Range Double. Western records are available throughout the 1930s.
Ithaca factory letters are $90 for individuals who are not Firearms Members of the Center. Learn more about firearms membership here.
Because we are still in the process of digitizing this collection, please allow at least one week for Ithaca, Lefever, and Western Arms serial number searches to be returned and six weeks for factory letters to be mailed.
Ready to order your Ithaca letter?
Have you checked the available serial numbers list to see if information is available on your Ithaca, Lefever, or Western Arms firearm? (on page 2)
Factory letter delivery options:
- Standard (US – $5, International – $8)
- Priority (US – $14, International – starting at $35)
- Fee is added per order, not per letter
- Standard delivery fee waived on member benefit letter orders
- Standard delivery fee waived on orders using pre-purchased letter packs
You can either…
- Print an order form and mail it in with payment:
- Include an email address, if possible, for occasional updates on your order.
- Indicate whether your firearm is an Ithaca, Lefever, or Western Arms on the form.
- Choose your preferred delivery method and include that amount in your check. If delivery method is not selected, you will be contacted for payment.
- If records are not available for your shotgun we will notify you and return your check.
- Credit cards will be charged the appropriate fee. If delivery option is not selected, you will be contacted for payment. If records are not available, credit card information will be destroyed.
- Fill out the online order form below
- If you do not see a confirmation message on the screen after clicking “Submit Order,” please scroll the form to make sure you have filled out all required fields then re-submit.
- Records Office staff will review your order and send a confirmation email with record availability and fee total within two business days of order form receipt (Monday – Friday).
- Within four days of order receipt, you should receive notice of your e-invoice in your e-mail via PayPal. If you do not see your PayPal invoice within 2 business days of order confirmation, contact the Records Office.
- Pay your invoice as soon as you are able.
- A PayPal account is not required to make payment on your invoice.