L.C. Smith Factory Records
L.C. Smith factory records cover manufacture from the late1890s into the 1940s. Records typically include confirmation of grade, gauge, barrel length, date of manufacture. Other configuration data may also be on the record and will be included on the letter if present. Customer information may be available on L.C. Smiths produced after 1917. Find more information on record availability here.
L.C. Smith factory letters are $75 for individuals who are not Firearms Members of the Center. Learn more about firearms membership here.
Factory letters are typically completed and ready to mail about four weeks from payment receipt.
Ready to order your L.C. Smith letter?
Have you checked the available serial numbers list to see if information may be available on your L.C. Smith?
You can either…
- Print an order form and mail it in with payment:
- Include an email address, if possible, for occasional updates on your order.
- We suggest that you contact the Records Office at 307-578-4031 or [email protected] to determine record availability before sending it in.
- If records are not available for your L.C. Smith we will notify you and return your check.
- Credit cards will be charged the appropriate fee. If records are not available, credit card information will be destroyed.
- Fill out the online order form below
- If you do not see a confirmation message on the screen after clicking “Submit Order,” please scroll the form to make sure you have filled out all required fields then re-submit.
- Records Office staff will review your order and send a confirmation email with record availability and fee total within two business days of order form receipt (Monday – Friday).
- Within four days of order receipt, you should receive notice of your e-invoice in your e-mail via PayPal. If you do not see your PayPal invoice within 2 business days of order confirmation, contact the Records Office.
- Pay your invoice as soon as you are able.
- A PayPal account is not required to make payment on your invoice.