Marlin Factory Records
Marlin factory records cover manufacture from 1881 to about 1906. Most records are for Marlin’s lever action rifles and carbines, but some records do survive for the Model 1898 shotgun. Records typically include confirmation of model, caliber, barrel length, barrel type along with date of manufacture. Other configuration data may also be on the record and will be included on the letter if present. Customer data is not available for these Marlins.
Find the full list of available Marlin models and serial number ranges here. But please note: Many blank records exist within the Marlin records. We suggest you contact the Records Office at 307-578-4031 or [email protected] to make sure a record is available for your Marlin before sending in an order.
Marlin 39A and 39M Presentation records are available for this special 90th Anniversary (1960) production run. Customer data may be available for these firearms.
Marlin factory letters are $75 for individuals who are not Firearms Members of the Center. Learn more about firearms membership here.
Factory letters are typically completed and ready to mail about four weeks from payment receipt. If you need to expedite your order, an additional $10 fee is required. Expedited orders are typically mailed two weeks earlier than standard orders.
Ready to order your Marlin letter?
Have you checked the available serial numbers list to see if information may be available on your Marlin?
You can either…
- Print an order form and mail it in with payment:
- Include an email address, if possible, for occasional updates on your order.
- We suggest that you contact the Records Office at 307-578-4031 or [email protected] to determine record availability before sending it in.
- If records are not available for your Marlin we will notify you and return your check.
- Credit cards will be charged the appropriate fee. If records are not available, credit card information will be destroyed.
- Fill out the online order form below
- If you do not see a confirmation message on the screen after clicking “Submit Order,” please scroll the form to make sure you have filled out all required fields then re-submit.
- Records Office staff will review your order and send a confirmation email with record availability and fee total within two business days of order form receipt (Monday – Friday).
- Within four days of order receipt, you should receive notice of your e-invoice in your e-mail via PayPal. If you do not see your PayPal invoice within 2 business days of order confirmation, contact the Records Office.
- Pay your invoice as soon as you are able.
- A PayPal account is not required to make payment on your invoice.