Lectures and Films
Explore the American West through our lectures, presentations, and videos. Take a look at what’s coming up, and click a video to watch past programs.
Special Guest Lecture
- July 26: Frank F. Goodyear III with A President in Yellowstone: The F. Jay Haynes Photographic Album of Chester Arthur’s 1883 Expedition
Draper Natural History Museum Lectures
Our Lunchtime Expedition series runs from February through December, the first Thursday of the month. These free lectures explore a variety of natural history subjects and issues and take place in our Coe Auditorium at 12:15 p.m. Lunchtime Expeditions are supported in part by Sage Creek Ranch and the Nancy-Carroll Draper Foundation.
- August 2: Larry Loendorf with Wildlife in Rock Art
- September 6: Holly Copeland with Wind Energy in Wyoming
- October 4: Zach Wallace with Golden Eagle Conservation in the Wyoming Basin Ecoregion
- November 1: Bonnie Lawrence-Smith with Cry to Heaven: Golden Eagles and Thunderbirds in the Bighorn Basin
- December 6: Bryan Bedrosian with Beyond Borders, Bird Migrations To, From, and Through the Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem
Past Lunchtime Expeditions: if you’re curious what we’ve been up to!
- July 5: Gary Beauvais with The Wyoming Natural Diversity Database
- June 7: Brian Woodbridge with From Sagebrush Sea to Pacific Ocean: Golden Eagle Conservation in the Big Picture
- May 3: Dr. Charles R. Preston with The Eagle and the Rabbit—Predator and Prey in the Sagebrush Sea
- April 5: Gretchen Hurley with From Ancient Rivers to Silent Cliffs: The Geomorphology of Golden Eagle Nesting and Hunting Habitats in the Bighorn Basin, Wyoming
- March 1: Destin Harrell with Prairie Dogs: Ecosystem Engineers
- February 1: Corey Ancowith Leopards and Wolves and Skulls, Oh My! A tale of communicating science through natural history collections
Draper After Dark Lectures
- July 27: David Showalter with Sage Spirit: The American West at a Crossroads
- August 16: Brian Rutledge with Community Conservation
- September 26: Brian Mealor with Sea Change—How Invasive Annual Grasses are Changing Sagebrush Grasslands
Lectures on Film Archive
Are you interested in learning more about some of the subjects we delve into here at the Buffalo Bill Center of the West? Explore these playlists to view video of full-length lectures and presentations that have taken place here at the Center.