The Buffalo Bill Center of the West shares the story of the American West in countless ways, including events, activities, programs, lectures, special exhibitions, and more throughout the year. Here’s what’s coming up.
- Plains Indian Museum Powwow, June 21 – 22, 2014
- Buffalo Bill Invitational Shootout, August 7 – 9, 2014
- Rendezvous Royale, September 15 – 21, 2014
- Patrons Ball, September 20, 2014
- Holiday Open House, December 6, 2014
- Buffalo Bill’s Birthday Celebration, February 2015
Current Special Exhibitions:
- The Art of Harry Jackson
- Developing Stories: The Photography of James Bama
- Pronghorn Passage
- Scots in the American West
- Journeying West: Distinctive Firearms from the Smithsonian
Current Hours: Open 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. daily
- Greater Yellowstone Raptor Experience in the Hub, the Center’s main lobby, daily at 1 p.m. This informal program features at least one of our avian ambassadors and their handlers. Take this opportunity to see the birds, ask questions, and learn more about raptors.
April 16: Research Fellow Lecture: Indianers and Identity: Historical and Contemporary Debates over the German Cultural Image of Native Americans by Dr. Nicole Perry, 12:15 p.m. Free.
April 18: Special Guest Lecture: Mysteries of Yellowstone Prehistory, by Dr. Douglas MacDonald, 12:15 p.m. Free.
April 22: Cody Culture Club program: What Value Wildlife?, 5:30 – 7:30 p.m. Dr. Charles Preston and Dennie Hammer bring reflective thinking to value and worth in nature. Member price: $20/couple, $10/individual. Non-member price: $25/couple, $15 per individual.
May 1: Draper Natural History Museum Lunchtime Expedition: Dr. Matt Kauffmann with Wyoming’s Ungulate Migrations, 12:15 p.m. Free.
May 3: Coffee & Curators Members Event: Refreshments and a program by Dr. Charles R. Preston: The Unique Role and Powerful Purpose of Natural History Museums. Members only/free but advanced reservations required. Call 307-578-4008 or e-mail our membership office.
May 3 – 4: Members Double-Discount Shopping Days! Members presenting a valid Buffalo Bill Center of the West membership card get a 20 percent discount in our Museum Store at the Center, in downtown Cody, and online. Hint: Mother’s Day is next Sunday! Some exclusions apply.
May 14 – 18: Spring into Yellowstone Birding and Wildlife Festival. The Buffalo Bill Center of the West joins the Cody Country Chamber of Commerce and several other partners to celebrate spring and the opening of the East Gate to Yellowstone National Park. Find out more.
May 17 – 18: Business Friends Days: Business members and their families enjoy free admission to the Center for the weekend. Employees must check in at the main entrance and provide the name of the Business Member they work for and the number in their group.
May 24: Greater Yellowstone Raptor Experience begins summer schedule! Program Hunters on the Wing in the Braun Garden daily at 11:30 a.m. Informal “Relaxing with Raptors” in the garden daily from 9 – 10 a.m. and from 4 – 5 p.m.
June 5: Draper Natural History Museum Lunchtime Expedition: John Byers with Speedsters Across the Floor of the Sky: A Year in the Life of North America’s Fastest Animal—the Pronghorn, 12:15 p.m. Free.