The Buffalo Bill Center of the West shares the story of the American West in countless ways, including events, activities, programs, lectures, special exhibitions, and more throughout the year. Here’s what’s coming up.
- Rendezvous Royale, September 15 – 21, 2014
- Patrons Ball, September 20, 2014
- Holiday Open House, December 6, 2014
- Plains Indian Museum Powwow, June 20 – 21, 2015
- Buffalo Bill Invitational Shootout, August 2015
Current Special Exhibitions:
- Textured Portraits: The Ken Blackbird Collection
- The Art of Harry Jackson
- Developing Stories: The Photography of James Bama
- Journeying West: Distinctive Firearms from the Smithsonian
Current Hours: Open 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. daily
Open daily 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Regular summer programs:
- Buffalo Bill Horse Rides, daily (additional fee).
- Draper Museum Raptor Experience, daily: Hunters on the Wing program at 11:30 a.m.; “Relaxing with Raptors” Q&A from 9 – 9:30 a.m. and 4 – 4:30 p.m.
- Guided tours, daily: Wildlife in the West at 10:30 a.m. People of the West at 1 p.m. Views of Yellowstone at 2:30 p.m.
- Chuckwagon cooking demonstrations and samples, Monday – Saturday.
August 20: Scout’s Miniature Show & Wall Sale and Opening Reception for the Buffalo Bill Art Show & Sale, 6 p.m. Free. Unveils the 33rd annual Buffalo Bill Art Show, featuring 110 of the nation’s leading western painters and sculptors. The exhibition remains on view through September 20, when the art is sold in a lively auction.
August 28: Whitney Western Art Museum Lunchtime Lecture: Mindy Besaw with Today’s West: Contemporary Art from the Whitney Western Art Museum, 12:15 p.m. Free.
Open daily 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. through September 15; hours change to 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. September 16.
September 4: Draper Natural History Museum Lunchtime Expedition: Speaker to be announced, 12:15 p.m. Free.
September 16: Hours change to open daily 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
September 20: Our 38th Annual Patrons Ball, featuring the dance music of the Denny Leroux Orchestra and fine dining by Bravo Catering and Chef Ryan Boehme. Click here to find out more.
Open daily 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
October 2: Draper Natural History Museum Lunchtime Expedition: Mike Jimenez with Wolf Management from Endangered Species Act to State Management: What Lies Ahead?, 1215 p.m. Free.