There’s always a museum adventure awaiting you and your students at the Buffalo Bill Center of the West! From archaeology, to art, to a birthday celebration for William F. “Buffalo Bill” Cody, to an appreciation for the natural history of the area, Museum Adventures offer fun and educational explorations for students from kindergarten through the fifth grade.
Museum Adventures Guidelines
- Please register for the session time that best fits your schedule (see below for registration information).
- Payment by purchase order/voucher, credit card, or check is due at check-in.
- All museum adventures are free for Park County, Wyoming students. Scholarships applications are available for schools outside Park County.
- Registration deadlines for each Museum Adventure are indicated below.
- Cancellations must be made at least three weeks before the Museum Adventure program.
- If the Buffalo Bill Center of the West cancels a Museum Adventure, all fees will be refunded.
The fee for all Museum Adventures is $5 per student.
All of our Museum Adventures meet Wyoming and Montana state standards. Please click on a link below to view your state’s standard correlation chart.
International Archaeology Day Museum Adventure
Deadline for registration is October 1, 2016.
Students uncover the science of archaeology through hands-on activities and demonstrations.
|Grades 3-5 only / $5 per student|
|Session I||Tuesday, October 18, 2016||9:30 – 11:30 a.m.|
|Session II||Tuesday, October 18, 2016||12:30 – 2:30 p.m.|
|Grade 2 only / $5 per student|
|Session I||Wednesday, October 19, 2016||9:00 – 11:00 a.m.|
I-Spy Art Museum Adventure
Deadline for registration is October 31, 2016.
Students will explore their inner artist through art activities and projects.
|Grades K – 2 / $5 per student|
|Session I||Thursday, November 10, 2016||9:30 – 10:30 a.m.|
|Session II||Thursday, November 10, 2016||12:00 – 1:30 p.m.|
Buffalo Bill’s Birthday Museum Adventure
Deadline for registration is February 1, 2017.
Students learn about the life of Buffalo Bill and the history of the American West through hands-on activities and live performances.
|Grades 3 – 5 only / $5 per student|
|Session I||Wednesday, February 22, 2017||9:30 – 11:30 a.m.|
|Session II||Wednesday, February 22, 2017||12:30 – 2:30 p.m.|
|Session III||Thursday, February 23, 2017||9 – 11 a.m.|
|Session IV||Thursday, February 23, 2017||Noon – 2 p.m.|
Greater Yellowstone Museum Adventure
Deadline for registration is April 1, 2017.
Students discover the natural history, plants, animals, and geology of the Greater Yellowstone region through hands-on demonstrations and activities.
|Grades 3 – 5 only / $5 per student|
|Session I||Wednesday, April 19, 2017||9:30 – 11:30 a.m.|
|Session II||Wednesday, April 19, 2017||12:30 – 2:30 p.m.|
|Session III||Thursday, April 20, 2017||9 – 11 a.m.|
|Session IV||Thursday, April 20, 2017||Noon – 2 p.m.|
- Please fill out the information requested on the form at the link below to register. You must fill out all fields for the submission process to work.
- Once you’ve submitted your request, you will receive an e-mail response that your registration is being processed.
- Your visit is not confirmed until you receive a second e-mail within 1 week with a confirmation number.
- Upon arrival, please check in at admissions with the name of your group, the number of students and chaperones, and your purchase order/payment ready.
- Please let us know if you have any problems with our online registration system. If you have difficulty, or do not see a screen noting that you have submitted the form, please e-mail Megan Smith or call her at 307-578-4028.
Questions? Please e-mail Megan Smith or call her at 307-578-4028.