Welcome to the Buffalo Bill Center of the West’s new blog series, Clues for Your Classrooms: Resources for Students and Teachers. As we launch this inaugural blog series for teachers and students in Wyoming, the Rocky Mountain Region, and the world, we will strive to provide a plethora of easy to use resources for the upcoming school year.
While we lay out our strategies for this blog series, our first blog provides: the who, what, why, how, and when.
Who Will Benefit from Clues for Your Classrooms?
The primary audience for our new blog series will of course be students and teachers. We will always keep an eye toward meeting the growing needs of classrooms around the country.
What Will Clues for Your Classrooms Include?
The list of resources seems almost endless, but here are just a few that we will include.
- Lesson Ideas
- Primary and Secondary Resources
- Objects from Our Collections
- Fun Facts and Trivia
- Reading Suggestions
- Challenges to Guide Student Learning
Why Are We Developing Clues for Your Classrooms?
The Buffalo Bill Center of the West’s rich collection provides an outlet for interpretation that will address educational benchmarks and standards. We have a unique opportunity to present rich content using methodology that teachers and students practice and master throughout the school year. However, it is not just about the content. We want to address the “so what”, the “ah ha moment”, and the inspiration for students to build their inquiry skills in a manner that addresses 21st century learning in their classrooms.
How Will We Deliver Clues for Your Classrooms?
Clues for Your Classrooms will be available through several access points, with this blog series serving as the launch pad for resources. Future blogs may:
- Direct teachers and students to our online interactives and games.
- Encourage the use of our vast online collection.
- Lead facilitators and their students to visit our McCracken Research Library and the Center’s five museums online.
- Ask for feedback and evaluation of new online K-12 offerings.
- Survey students and teachers to gather information about what resources they want to see.
When Will We Provide Clues for Your Classrooms?
We will provide blogs each month based on themes that relate to our collections and resources, as well as the content and skills students are learning in their classrooms.
A tentative list of themes is provided below.