Family activities at the Center of the West
At the Buffalo Bill Center of the West we know how to have fun with a variety of family programs! For more information on future family-friendly programs and activities, e-mail Emily Buckles or call her at 307-578-4110.
Upcoming programs and workshops for summer 2016
- July 18 – 20: Art Camp with Michele Farrier for grades 1 – 4
- July 18 – 20: Art Camp with Michele Farrier for grades 5 – 7
- July 27: Floating Through Time field trip (ages 11 – 15)
- August 3 – 5: Teton Adventure Discovery Field Trip (ages 11 – 15)
- August 9: Clay-O-Rama family workshop
You may register for each of the above activities through their event listings; click the link for each to find all the details.
And don’t miss our summer Friday afternoon activities
These “drop-in-and-do” activities take place in our museums from 1:30 – 3:30 p.m. on most Fridays of the summer.
Made possible by a special grant from the R. Harold Burton Foundation.
Looking for some fun arts and crafts projects for the kids?
Check out these step-by-step instructions of several projects and share these activities with your family.
- Happy Trails to You: Western Music Arts and Crafts
- The West and You Arts and Crafts
- Western Arts and Crafts
- Wild Wonderland: Yellowstone Arts and Crafts
- Nature Arts and Crafts
- How the West Was Fun: Frontier Arts and Crafts
- Wild Things: Wildlife Animal Arts and Crafts
- Native American Arts and Crafts
- Cowboy’s Life is the Life for Me: Cowboy and Cowgirl Arts and Crafts
Take a look at some past activities:
We’ve had a ton of fun at our summer family fun days. Click here to visit our Family Fun Day photo album on Facebook.
At one Family Fun Day, we enjoyed family activities all about food! Attendees learned Dutch oven cooking basics from “Cookie” Ron Reed, took turns at the hand crank to make ice cream, learned the art of cake decorating, and planned out a menu for Buffalo Bill’s Wild West. Some of our guests even shared their favorite family recipes: CLICK HERE to download our “Tasty Traditions Family Recipes” booklet
At another of our Family Fun Fridays, Where’s Stanley at the Museum? kids had a great time with an activity that combined elements of the well-known book series Where’s Waldo and Flat Stanley.
CLICK HERE to check out some of stories and pictures they created, and download an activity to do yourself!
For more information on our family programs, e-mail Emily Buckles or call 307-578-4110.
To find out about other upcoming events at the Buffalo Bill Center of the West, click here.