The Buffalo Bill Center of the West shares the story of the American West in countless ways, including events, activities, programs, lectures, special exhibitions, and more throughout the year. Here’s what’s coming up.
- Plains Indian Museum Powwow, June 16–17, 2018
- Buffalo Bill Invitational Shootout, August 9–11, 2018
- Patrons Ball, September 22, 2018
- Holiday Open House, December 1, 2018
Current Special Exhibitions
- Albert Bierstadt: Witness to a Changing West
- Monarch of the Skies: The Golden Eagle in Greater Yellowstone & the American West
- Native Nations Now: An Exhibition of Contemporary Native Art
August 2018 (open 8 a.m.–6 p.m. daily)
Recurring August programs:
Daily Raptor Programs through August 15:
- 10–10:30 a.m. The Night Shift—Owls of the Yellowstone Region
- 2:30–3 p.m. Superheroes of Nature
- 4:30–5 p.m. Talon Talk
Daily Guided Tours:
- 11 a.m.–noon. Wildlife of the West
- 1–2 p.m. People of the West
- 3–4 p.m. Who’s Who in the American West
Monday–Saturday (some exceptions): Dan Miller’s Cowboy Music Revue
Individual August Programs/Events:
August 9–11: 25th Annual Buffalo Bill Shootout; competition at Cody Shooting Complex, participant social events at Center of the West.
August 15–16: Horsin’ Around activities (horseback riding and fly fishing!) for kids age 8–10, 9 a.m.–3 p.m. each day. Advanced registration required.
August 16: Draper After Dark lecture: Brian Rutledge with Finding Common Ground for Conservation in Local Communities.
- Through September 15: Open daily 8 a.m.–6 p.m.
- September 16–October 31: Open daily 8 a.m.–5 p.m.