The Buffalo Bill Center of the West shares the story of the American West in countless ways, including events, activities, programs, lectures, special exhibitions, and more throughout the year. Here’s what’s coming up.
- Plains Indian Museum Powwow, June 15–16, 2019
- 43rd Annual Patrons Ball, September 21, 2019
- Holiday Open House, December 7, 2019
Open daily 8 a.m.–6 p.m.
- Buffalo Bill Horse Rides, 8 a.m.–4 p.m. daily. Call 307-250-7660 for details; additional fee.
- Chuck wagon cooking demonstrations and samples, 9:30 a.m.–3:30 p.m. Monday–Saturday
- Guided Tour: Wildlife of the West, 10:30 a.m. daily
- Guided Tour: People of the West, 1 p.m. daily
- Guided Tour: American Gun, 2:30 p.m. Monday–Friday
- Superheroes of Nature! 11:30 a.m.–noon daily
- Relaxing with Raptors, 4–4:30 p.m.
July 3: Sensory Hike for kids 4–5, 9–10:30 a.m. Register in advance online.
July 4: Please note there will be no guided tours on the Fourth of July holiday.
July 6: Grand Opening celebration for the new Cody Firearm Museum, 3 p.m.
July 9–12: MuseSTEM Camp for youth ages 8–11, 9 a.m.–noon. Register in advance online.
July 9–13: Artist-in-Residence Tony Foster, 2:30–3:30 p.m. and 4–5 p.m.
July 10: Lecture by Artist-in-Residence Tony Foster, 5:30 p.m. Free.
July 11: Draper Museum Lunchtime Expedition: Robert B. Smith with Anatomy of Old Faithful and Upper Geyser Basin and its Ties to the Yellowstone Magma Reservoir, 12:15 p.m. Free.
July 15–19: Colorful Creations Art Workshop for kids ages 6–9, 9–10:30 a.m. Register in advance online.
July 15–19: Colorful Creations Art Workshop for kids ages 10–12, 1–3 p.m. Register in advance online.
July 18: Draper After Dark Lecture: Anthony Caragiulo with Leveraging Museum Collections in Contemporary Studies, 5:15 p.m.. Free.
July 22–26: Artist-in-Residence Robert Martinez, Plains Indian Museum, 9 a.m.–3 p.m.
July 28–August 3: Artist-in-Residence John Hitchcock, Plains Indian Museum, 9 a.m.–3 p.m.