Savage (A.H. Fox, Stevens) Factory Records
Please note: This collection was received by the Center in August 2020 and processing is underway. While serial number searches (Firearms Members only) and factory letters are now available, results will take longer than reports on our other manufacturers. Allow at least four business days for serial number searches to be returned and five weeks for factory letters to be mailed.
The Savage factory records cover manufacture from 1899 into the late 1940s including records on the Model 1899/99, the Model 1907/1915/1917 semi-automatic pistol, and other models. Find more information on record availability here (Savage on page 1).
The A.H. Fox records start close to serial number 1 and run through serial number 450099 with some gaps in the records. These records contain configuration data and occasionally customer information. Find more information on record availability here (A.H. Fox on page 2).
Savage and A.H. Fox factory letters will be $75 for individuals who are not Firearms Members of the Center. Learn more about firearms membership here.
We are still determining what Stevens records came to the Center. It appears we may only be able to provide invoice numbers for some models and no production data. Once availability is determined, a fee for factory letters will be set.
Because we are still processing this collection, please allow at least four business days for Savage and A.H. Fox serial number searches to be returned and five weeks for factory letters to be mailed.
Ready to order your Savage letter?
Have you checked the available serial numbers list to see if information is available on your Savage (on page 1) or A.H. Fox (on page 2)?
Factory letter delivery options:
- Standard (US – $5, International – $8)
- Priority (US – $14, International – $35)
- Fee is added per order, not per letter
- Standard delivery fee waived on member benefit letter orders
- Standard delivery fee waived on orders using pre-purchased letter packs
You can either…
- Print an order form and mail it in with payment:
- Include an email address, if possible, for occasional updates on your order.
- Indicate whether your firearm is a Savage or an A.H. Fox.
- Choose your preferred delivery method and include that amount in your check. If delivery method is not selected, you will be contacted for payment.
- If records are not available for your firearm we will notify you and return your check.
- Credit cards will be charged the appropriate fee. If delivery option is not selected, standard delivery fees will be applied to your total. If records are not available, credit card information will be destroyed.
- Fill out the online order form below
- If you do not see a confirmation message on the screen after clicking “Submit Order,” please scroll the form to make sure you have filled out all required fields then re-submit.
- Records Office staff will review your order and send a confirmation email with record availability and fee total within two business days of order form receipt (Monday – Friday).
- Within four days of order receipt, you should receive notice of your e-invoice in your e-mail via PayPal. If you do not see your PayPal invoice within 2 business days of order confirmation, contact the Records Office.
- Pay your invoice as soon as you are able.
- A PayPal account is not required to make payment on your invoice.